Economy Moving and Storage
AT A GLANCE:
* No Frills
* Low Cost
* Expert Back Up
* Moving service from £195 for half a day
* Move to store from £125
* Storage from £7.50 per week
The major headache of hiring a small self-drive van and doing the whole lot yourself is that self-drive hire vans are just not big enough to accommodate a whole house full, resulting in lots of journeys, backwards and forwards.
| If you cannot get the keys until two, maybe three 3 o'clock, you can only get one load off and you still have two or three van loads back at the old house. This will hold up the new people moving in (possibly having legal implications) and you still have to load the rest of it, the final unload not being till late in the day. The kids are hungry, you still have the beds to make up and you're absolutely shattered and fall into bed at midnight. It is commonly said that moving is one of life's most stressful experiences - you can see why!|
| || || |
| By using our service, with a lorry big enough to take the whole lot in one go, it is all loaded in the morning, the house is empty for the new people and, as soon as the keys are released, you just have to unload. NO STRESS!|
This is an Economy, Low Price, Basic 'No Frills' Service but you do get a clean, quality vehicle, trained staff and the necessary equipment on the lorry for a smooth move - blankets, ties, sack trucks and piano trolley.
You can, however, purchase the extras. You can choose the cheapest option of 'Driver Only'. You are only paying for the time it takes so it's to your advantage to supply extra labour yourself and keep the cost down.
It's the same price whether you have a medium or large lorry but we do have small vans if access to your property is difficult. We do need to know this.
Move to Store:
Our removal lorry, with a container (or containers) on board arrive at your home. Our driver will help to carry and pack the containers.
Please give us a call and we can work out an economy move price for you, on the spot.
You can book a lorry for a whole day (8 hours) or a half day (4 hours - morning or afternoon). The hours you book are from arrival at your existing property (normally 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.) until our lorry leaves your new property after unloading.
The cost is calculated according to how far our vehicle has to travel. Our representative will work out the mileage and calculate the cost of your move or we can tailor the job to suit you (ie: if you only require an hour or so at each end etc).
Please ask if you require extra staff.
Driver only service is available for long distance moves including overseas.
| || || ||
Contact Details for the Weston and Edwards Group:
Weston and Edwards Removals:
BRIDGWATER 01278 425508
TAUNTON 01823 324004
MINEHEAD 01643 703048
YEOVIL 01935 822237
We cover: Bridgwater, Burnham on Sea, Castle Cary, Glastonbury, Highbridge, Ilminster, Martock, Minehead, Sherborne, Taunton, Wellington, Wells, Yeovil and everywhere in-between.
FROME 01373 334580
TROWBRIDGE 01225 766159
BATH 01225 904435
SALISBURY 01722 788010
We cover: Amesbury, Bath, Bruton, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Frome, Marlborough, Melksham, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Shepton Mallet, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury and everywhere in-between.
North Somerset Removals:
WESTON SUPER MARE 01934 417444
BRISTOL 01173 601010
COLCHESTER 01206 571971
CHELMSFORD 01245 493912
CLACTON ON SEA 01255 476797
We cover: Braintree, Chelmsford, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Dunmow, Harwich, Maldon, Tiptree, Witham and everywhere in-between.
WICKFORD 01268 573232
SOUTHEND 01702 480120
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 01245 322218
We cover: Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, South Woodham Ferrers, Southend on Sea, Wickford and everywhere in-between.
IPSWICH 01473 225797
FELIXSTOWE 01394 654495
STOWMARKET 01449 684065
We cover: Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury and everywhere in-between.
Top tips when moving house...
1. Get a quotation well in advance. Either complete our quotation form or make an appointment with our removals estimator. Proper planning ensures a smooth and trouble-free move.
2. If you have time, get rid of all your unwanted items and rubbish in advance - it's lovely to move into a new home, without unwanted clutter.
3. Doing your own packing? Anything that will fit into a box should be packed. Other loose items, garden tools for instance, can be taped together. Don't overfill the boxes. It's best to use our cartons as they are tailor-made for the job.
4. Items can be left in drawers if they're not too heavy, and if the drawers are removable (Our chaps can take the drawers out, put the carcass in the truck and replace the drawers to cut down the amount of packing that you have to do)
5. Freezers can usually stay full. Perhaps put the food in bags/baskets, so that if we struggle, we can take the food out prior to loading, and put back in for transit. We are often able to plug in the freezer on an overnight move.
6. Keep all keys (filing cabinets, safe, wardrobes) together in a safe place.
7. Self-assembly furniture is best dismantled before moving.
8. Prepare a survival pack for the things you will need on moving day - toys, kettle, passports and for the first day in your new home ie: bedding. Keep this separately and make sure the removal men know.
9. Let your mover know beforehand if you haven't managed to get your packing done, got rid of stuff or anything else you haven't asked for in your removal quote. That gives us time to make the necessary arrangements.
10. Make sure your removal company is aware of any access difficulties at either property.
11. People to notify of your change of address: Doctors, dentists, banks, Gas, Electricity, Royal Mail, phone company, D.V.L.A (Driving licence), Friends and relatives!
12. Check that we are available before you commit to a moving date.