Moving from the UK to Europe
Because of recent legislation, there are now far fewer restrictions and moving to E.U. countries has never been simpler. It is advisable, however, to consult a removal company who is familiar with all the different laws of different countries, to ensure a smooth and trouble-free move.
Your possessions are precious to you, so you will want a removal company you can trust to transport them safely and efficiently over many miles.
Weston & Edwards have the knowledge & expertise which, when combined with the care, consideration and reliability afforded by a well established family firm, gives you complete peace of mind.
For full loads and most part-loads, we always use our own trucks and our own, fully trained removal men.
Removals by Road / Ferry
This is still the most economical and efficient method for removals to France, Spain, Ireland & most European countries. The countries best served by road are:
Austria, Belgium, Channel Isles*, Czech Rep, Denmark, Eire, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Isle of Man, Luxembourg, N Ireland, Northern Italy (Rome and above), Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland*, UK mainland
*Our staff can clear customs on entry to Switzerland and the Channel Islands.
Moves to Scandinavia & the East Mediterranean are more economical and efficient by container shipment.
Our door to door container service is efficient, safe and economical and ideal for destinations that are harder to reach by conventional road removal trucks - the islands of Cyprus, Malta, Canaries, Madeira, and countries that take a long time to travel to, via ferries etc, like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Greece Bulgaria and Turkey
A whole household or a few personal possessions?
A full 20ft container will accommodate an average 3 bedroom house, with 40ft containers for larger households.
If you're taking a lesser amount considerable savings are made by sharing the space with our other customers. There are often containers with spare space going to the more common destinations, so you’re able to send any quantity from one box upwards and only pay for the space you need.
Your goods are packed and 'export wrapped', using paper blankets, bubble wrap and cardboard to prevent scratching and scuffing, then loaded into a security sealed, steel, watertight shipping container at your home (or from our warehouse if storage is required in the interim).
A full inventory is taken by our staff, with a copy given to you and, in the case of a part-load, all packages are labelled with your name and destination address.
The container then goes to the nearest container port here in the U.K. and is shipped to the port, or rail terminal, nearest to your destination, then on by road to your new home. Unloading is undertaken by one of our approved associate removers of the country, who will remove and dispose of all the packaging materials.
The container is sealed at your home and remains unopened until delivery at your new address.
For urgent smaller loads we can supply a dedicated small van and removal men. Handy for if you're unable to wait for a part load.
Part Load / Single Load:
Favourable rates can be given for small loads or individual items whether crated, by shipping container or removal lorry. You only pay for the space you need.
Full Documentation Service:
In many cases, complex documentation is required when moving overseas and this can be quite a daunting prospect. Weston and Edwards can handle all the paperwork and customs clearance for any country.
We can collect your goods from your present home, packing all 'smalls' if required. Please refer to our Packing page for details of packing boxes and materials and all services offered.
If you are unable to move directly into your new home abroad storage is available in our clean, modern container storage facility.
Full INSURANCE COVER, to protect your goods whilst in transit, is included in the quote.
| || || ||
Contact Details for the Weston and Edwards Group:
Weston and Edwards Removals:
BRIDGWATER 01278 425508
TAUNTON 01823 324004
MINEHEAD 01643 703048
YEOVIL 01935 822237
We cover: Bridgwater, Burnham on Sea, Castle Cary, Glastonbury, Highbridge, Ilminster, Martock, Minehead, Sherborne, Taunton, Wellington, Wells, Yeovil and everywhere in-between.
FROME 01373 334580
TROWBRIDGE 01225 766159
BATH 01225 904435
SALISBURY 01722 788010
We cover: Amesbury, Bath, Bruton, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Frome, Marlborough, Melksham, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Shepton Mallet, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury and everywhere in-between.
North Somerset Removals:
WESTON SUPER MARE 01934 417444
BRISTOL 01173 601010
COLCHESTER 01206 571971
CHELMSFORD 01245 493912
CLACTON ON SEA 01255 476797
We cover: Braintree, Chelmsford, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Dunmow, Harwich, Maldon, Tiptree, Witham and everywhere in-between.
WICKFORD 01268 573232
SOUTHEND 01702 480120
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 01245 322218
We cover: Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, South Woodham Ferrers, Southend on Sea, Wickford and everywhere in-between.
IPSWICH 01473 225797
FELIXSTOWE 01394 654495
STOWMARKET 01449 684065
We cover: Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury and everywhere in-between.
Top tips when moving house...
1. Get a quotation well in advance. Either complete our quotation form or make an appointment with our removals estimator. Proper planning ensures a smooth and trouble-free move.
2. If you have time, get rid of all your unwanted items and rubbish in advance - it's lovely to move into a new home, without unwanted clutter.
3. Doing your own packing? Anything that will fit into a box should be packed. Other loose items, garden tools for instance, can be taped together. Don't overfill the boxes. It's best to use our cartons as they are tailor-made for the job.
4. Items can be left in drawers if they're not too heavy, and if the drawers are removable (Our chaps can take the drawers out, put the carcass in the truck and replace the drawers to cut down the amount of packing that you have to do)
5. Freezers can usually stay full. Perhaps put the food in bags/baskets, so that if we struggle, we can take the food out prior to loading, and put back in for transit. We are often able to plug in the freezer on an overnight move.
6. Keep all keys (filing cabinets, safe, wardrobes) together in a safe place.
7. Self-assembly furniture is best dismantled before moving.
8. Prepare a survival pack for the things you will need on moving day - toys, kettle, passports and for the first day in your new home ie: bedding. Keep this separately and make sure the removal men know.
9. Let your mover know beforehand if you haven't managed to get your packing done, got rid of stuff or anything else you haven't asked for in your removal quote. That gives us time to make the necessary arrangements.
10. Make sure your removal company is aware of any access difficulties at either property.
11. People to notify of your change of address: Doctors, dentists, banks, Gas, Electricity, Royal Mail, phone company, D.V.L.A (Driving licence), Friends and relatives!
12. Check that we are available before you commit to a moving date.